Habitat for Humanity
2014 Habitat Build
The first side wall has already been erected by a group of college students on Spring Break. Under the direction of our coordinator Mike Maher and Habitat’s construction supervisor, Doug Jenkins, we put up the second side wall and build/erect the front and back walls Saturday.
- The address is 331 E. Bell Street. (Turn off Hall Road at the St. Paul AME Church - that’s Bell St.)
- Start time will be about 8:30 a.m. Lunch will be available about noon (thanks to the women of Ruth Circle of New Providence who prepared yesterday’s meal).
- If you have not completed and turned in your “Volunteer Data Form” and release, please bring them to the work site on Saturday and give them to Mike or submit them to the church office some time this week.
- If you would like to participate in lunch preparations for future Saturdays, contact Miki Heaton (firstname.lastname@example.org, 256-453-6434), who is coordinating that activity.
- New Providence work days on the Kirkland house will be Saturdays until mid-May. However, if you are available through the week, you can join the Student Break crews nearly any weekday.
If you’d like to help or have questions, please contact Mike Maher (233-0523, email@example.com), or Bill White, (984-8452, firstname.lastname@example.org).
Click on images from our first Saturday for an enlarged version: