Elementary (K - 5th grade)
Our goal is to provide a safe, creative, nurturing environment where children can experience God's love and grow in their faith. Age-appropriate lessons and activities for children ages birth through fifth grade combine Bible study, art, music, drama, service, and recreation. For more information on specific programs, contact Jaclyn Beeler.
Children in Worship
- Welcome to Worship – Welcome to Worship is an eight-week study for rising kindergartners and their parents to prepare families for the children’s full participation in worship. The class meets during the Sunday school hour, during the months of August and September.
- After completing Welcome to Worship, kindergartners and all older children are encouraged to remain in the sanctuary to worship with their church family.
- Activity packets are available outside the education wing door for children to use during the worship service.
Workshop Rotation Model Sunday School
- The Workshop Rotation Model Sunday School is offered for children in kindergarten through 3rd grade from 10:00-11:00am each Sunday on the third floor of the education building. Based on Howard Gardner’s multiple intelligences theory, this model incorporates various learning styles to teach the stories of the Old and New Testaments. Workshops include Temple, Art, Music and Movement and Multimedia.
- Elementary P.E.A.K. - P.E.A.K. (Presbyterians Educating Awesome Kids) is our Wednesday afternoon program for children in kindergarten through 3rd grade. Participants experience the wonders of God’s world through music (choir, handbells and handchimes), art, recreation, Bible study, worship education, and mission. P.E.A.K. meets on Wednesday afternoons, September through May, from 3:00-5:15 pm.
- Sunday School Classes - Grades 4 & 5 meet in Room 217 on the third floor.
- Cloud 9 – Cloud 9 is a Wednesday afternoon study and fellowship group from student in fourth and fifth grades. It meets on the first and third Wednesday of each month from 5:30-6:30 p.m. in Room 217. Cloud 9’ers participate in a variety of Bible study, art, recreation and mission activities.